Super easy Mexican classic! For when you want spicy street food that’s also nourishing and healthy. Quick to make and customisable too – go as mild or hot as you want with the spices, choose your preferred salad, and add guacamole, hummus or vegan mayo for some sauce. A tub of our Seitan Bites contains over 60g of protein, and avocado provides good fats in the form of heart-healthy Omega-9 fatty acid (oleic acid).
- 15 minutes prep & cook
- Makes 6 fajitas
- 1 tub Kind Protein Seitan Bites, any flavour – we have used Chicken Satay-Style here
- Salsa or passata, 200g
- Fajita seasoning, 2tbsp – we like Tomato & Chipotle Seasoning Mix by Wahaca
- Sunflower oil/Rapeseed oil, 2tbsp
- Onion, 1 medium, sliced
- Garlic, 2 bulbs, minced
- Tortillas, 6
- Lettuce, shredded (optional)
- Tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Avocado, sliced (optional)
- Lime, juice of half (optional)
- Coriander leaves (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic and soften for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile open the tub of Seitan Bites, add the fajita seasoning, close the lid and give it a good shake! Add to pan. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until slightly browned.
- Add the passata or salsa to the pan, mix with the Seitan Bites and cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the tortillas for 30 secs in microwave until soft and warm.
- Lay out the tortillas, spoon the pan mixture into the centre, add the lettuce, tomato and avocado. Top with a squeeze of lime and fresh coriander. Wrap and enjoy!